Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Running... why do you hate me so?

I used to love to run. Now I'm trying to get back into running shape and hating every minute. Week 4 of running.

This morning:

Passing me from the opposite direction, a muscled male hottie hardly out of breath. While here I am truckin' uphill, my jiggly parts...jiggling.

Running down Patrick, the sun beating down on me. It's about 85*.

Rounding Grand Canyon, a side ache in my right side.

Wanting to walk so bad!!

Why am I struggling? Is it the heat? Is it the exhaustion of tending to a newborn? Yes, these things are factors. Isn't running supposed to relieve stress? Well, it's stressing me out. I want to run a half marathon this year. I know it will take time to get this post pregnancy body back into shape, but I want it now!



All right, give me your words of sympathy and encouragement. :)



P.S. Our desktop crashed, with all our pictures/music on it. I knew I should have put everything on my laptop... just in case. In the process of transferring what we can to discs. Fingers crossed, Lexi's 7th bday pics will get posted soon.

7 comments:

Destiny Rayburn said...

Man, I cannot get into running! I want to so bad but it is SO hard! You can do it though. It was probably this hard when you started the first time but don't remember. And the JIGGLING!!! DOUBLE UGH! Sometimes I feel something jiggle while I walk! Not ok. You can do it babe. Little by little. Love ya!

montana diana said...

Mindy, you are one of the strongest women that I know. You can do this, you will get back your passion for running, it takes time. When you don't feel like running outside, just think, "treadmill", turn the A/C up and turn on some fun shows on TV and take a run in the comfort of your own home, on your treadmill! Love you, see you in a few days.

Angie Larkin said...

Give yourself some credit chica! It takes MONTHS for your ladybits to go back where they belong after a baby:) You'll get there. Are you doing that 5k with Connie in Sept?

Mindy B said...

Ang-
I'm planning on doing the 5k with you guys! I need to register!

The Whites said...

You can do it Mindy!! Great minds think alike, I was just going to blog about my feeling twards running :). You are probally way faster than me anyways!

Kara said...

You are so amazing! Just remember that regardless of how hard it is right now. I'm sure you'll be flying past those muscled hotties very soon :).

Hi I'm Apryl said...

Mindy, I'm blaming the heat cuz I hate running right now too! You can do it and you are! I'm so proud of you for not giving up. I agree with your mom. We need A/C and treadmills :)