Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Apple Orchard




This morning I took the girls out to the apple orchard. Yes! There is an apple orchard in Vegas, it's a best kept secret here. It's clear out in North Vegas, so it was a drive for us, but it was worth it. You can just park along the road and walk down whichever aisles of trees you'd like and start picking. We only had to walk down not even 2 rows of trees and we filled 2 bags with beautiful green apples. They also sell apple cider, pears, and different kinds of melons that are grown there on the orchard. So we filled a bag with pears and I got their yummy canary melon and another canary/watermelon cross over (which the lady said was delicious, so I thought we'd give it a try... I LOVE melon!). There is also vegetable gardens there, but we didn't visit those this time. In October you can go and pick pumpkins too, so we may have to take a trip back there next month. But right now we'll be working on eating all these apples! I actually have some drying in my dehydrater now. If ya'll have any good recipes calling for apples, let me know!! :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That looked like so much fun!!!

Kory said...

Fun! Is that Gilcrease Orchards? When I taught in LV, I used to take my students on a yearly fieldtrip out there. It was always a good time!

Mindy B said...

Yep, it's Gilcrease Orchards. I forgot how far north it is, like 95and Durgango, but the kids have so much fun picking their own apples. :)