Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of First Grade





My first grader woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Apparently, I didn't make her the right breakfast. I made waffles (and by made I mean popping them in the toaster) and cantaloupe. But that is what she wanted last night. I should have known she would change her mind. On to the outfit; she couldn't wait to wear her striped dress. Then it was hair time and THAT is sheer torture... for both her and I! After terrorizing her sister some more, we made it to the school and finally... an attitude change, for the better! Perhaps the rough morning was so I wouldn't be sad to leave her at school ALL DAY. ;)
She survived the first day, loved it and can't wait to go back tomorrow.


7 comments:

montana diana said...

I'm so glad that she survived the morning "torture" of waffles and hair fixing! LOL!!! Hmmm. Trying to remember your first day and I want to say it wasn't quite as dramatic as Lexi's. You were more of a morning person than Lexi is, Ha. Fun times, first day of school. Love the pictures. Love you guys and can't wait to see you in a month. It will be weird for Lexi to be at school all day..

Lisa said...

Ugh, hair time is torture in our house too!

Glad Lexi had a great first day! Wasn't it nice having only Ava home with you?? ;)

Kara said...

Lexi looked so cute and happy today--who knew she was a grump before =)? Melody served us with her nasty self after school today. Our morning had been so nice and quiet so it made me appreciate that she gets to be gone every day at school!

Angela said...

She is so cute! Don't you hate those mornings? That is good that Lexi likes school. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will last. :)

Hi I'm Apryl said...

Lexi looks cute! Her hair (and Ava's) always looks amazing! :)

P.S. As I ran home this morning there were high schoolers out. Thankfully not very many. I'm glad we go early!

Angie Larkin said...

I was thinking of you yesterday in some sort of reverential awe :) I was thinking, "Wow, Mindy has a FIRST grader. She has to make lunches and send her off ALL DAY!" I don't know, it just seems like a big fat right of passage I'm not ready for so I was secretly admiring you. Then tonight at Walmart I was cruising the aisles wondering what snacks you might buy for Lexi's lunches. I know...random.

AmyJ said...

She looks so cute. Hope she likes it. I bet its very peaceful at your house now. I think you do a great job. If Breanna had school in the morning, she'd be lucky to have her hair combed.