Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mommy/Daughter Date




We started this tradition last year when Lexi started Kindergarten: Breakfast @ Denny's and school supply shopping @ Target. Just me and Lex. Her and I love Denny's (the biggest white trash restaurant chain ever, lol). The first day of school is only 15 days away. I can't believe Lexi is going into FIRST GRADE!! She's going to be there all day... I have to pack her a lunch... she's going to be there all day. I know it will be fine, but it will take some getting used to. :)

7 comments:

Kara said...

I like your tradition...I think I might try it. Why must you put the number of days left though? It makes me so weepy and I'm just not ready to go there yet =)!

Mindy B said...

HAHA, I know, right? Lexi is sooooooo excited, so we have to count down. Perhaps next year you'll be ready to count down. :)

AmyJ said...

Sounds like a great idea. I'm jealous, Breanna goes in 10 days.

montana diana said...

Take it from someone who has been there, done that, it does get easier and pretty soon, when they are all in school all day, you go out to breakfast and celebrate the first day of school with your girlfriends! LOL! Glad you do that with Lexi and I know she will always remember those special times. I'm also glad she is so excited to go to school.

Angela said...

that is such a cute tradition. i may have to steal that one when my kids are that age! :)

Angie Larkin said...

I can't believe school is so close! I worry that Evan will be lonely when Afton is gone. Sigh.

Amanda Tippetts said...

That's a cute idea. It's important to give each kid their mommy time, huh? I'm learning...