Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Love Fall!

I know I've said this a lot, but I love autumn. It doesn't last long here in Vegas, so we take what we can get! The weather is finally cooler, I'm watching NFL every Sunday, and Halloween is coming up. Saturday night we took the girls to the atrium @ Bellagio to see the fall scene. The girls especially loved the talking tree. We decided to walk around front and watch the fountain show too. It's been a while since we were down on the strip.
Last night we decorated sugar cookies for FHE... minus Benj. He works at Mountain View Hospital now, and just started there this week. And now he has to commute! It's about a 25 minute drive. It's weird to think of him being far away now and not just across the street @ Southern Hills. :) But we're so proud of all his hard work in his career and supporting us! Happy Fall everyone!






8 comments:

AmyJ said...

I love decorating sugar cookies for Halloween. It's a tradition! I think I would have liked the talking tree too. That's cool!

Destiny Rayburn said...

The fall theme in the Bellagio is where Shay proposed to me! :) But there was no talking tree back then...

Kara said...

You are so cute Mindy! I'm always so impressed with the things you do with your family--thanks for all the inspiration!

montana diana said...

I am so glad that the sugar cookie making and decorating lives on and hopefully the girls will continue it as well when they have their own families. The Bellagio Fall Scene was gorgeous and I hope that "talking" tree was friendly! Autumn is my favorite season too. Love you all and miss you too. Congrats again to Benj on his promotion. So awesome!

Candace said...

I'd have to agree with amy, that talking tree looks cool! So what is it exactly that benj does at the hospital! congrats on the promotion! the cookies look great, my girls can't wait to do them this year. we have new cookie cutters! Happy Halloween!

Angie Larkin said...

Love to hear your happy post. Your husband is such a sweet man. I barely know him, but he just leaks goodness:) Happy Fall to you all!

Shelly said...

I didn't even know they had that in the Bellagio. Maybe I will have to take the kids. IT looks like so much fun! Your girls are lucky to have a cool mom like you. You take them to cool places and decorate cookies. So much fun!!

Angela said...

You do the cutest things with your girls. You are such a great mom!