Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ava is 4!

Our Ava Rooney turned 4 years old last week! We had a family party for her on her actual bday and she invited her friends over for a "princess luncheon" over the weekend.


At age four Ava likes:

*Princesses, Barbie

*Playing in the tub/pool

*Going to the library (but not to storytime)

*Mac n cheese

*Nightgowns

*Shoes

*Preschool

*Playing with her big sister




Over the last couple months as my stomach has grown, Ava has asked me every day when the baby is going to come out. I told her not to ask me again til after her bday... well, that's come and gone and sure enough, she's been asking! She has no concept of time, but about 6 more weeks and she will be a big sister!


We love you Rooney and are so glad you are part of our family!! It's been so fun watching you learn and grow. You are going to be an awesome big sister!

















































*On another note: When one of your kids is born right around your birthday, you seem to be forgotten when your day rolls around and it doesn't seem like a big deal (especially the OLDER you get). My bday was Sunday... I turned 30!!! Yeah, time to stock up on the wrinkle cream right? I had a great weekend. My awesome friends took me out one night and Benj took me out the next night. Thanks to all for a wonderful birthday weekend!

6 comments:

montana diana said...

Ava is going to be a great big sister! Glad she had such a fun birthday and that you did too. Happy Birthday to the both of you and we love you so much!

Lisa said...

Wow, cool cake! Did you make it? Looks like Ava had a great birthday! Happy b-day to her and to you, too. :)

The Whites said...

Happy Birthday to you and Ava! Can't wait for sparkles to come!

Mindy B said...

Lisa- I did NOT make that cake... but the bakery @ Glaciers did a good job huh? :)

Connie- I can't wait for Sparkles to come too!!!

Hi I'm Apryl said...

It was a great party! Ava is so adorable. I'm glad we got a chance to have a girls night for you too!!

Lisa said...

Funny, I was just at Glacier's, and I wondered if they make good cakes. Guess they do!