Monday, May 5, 2008

Finally Blogging!

Well I do myspace and facebook and so I thought why not start blogging too? Hopefully I can keep in better touch with more people who don't do the whole myspace thing. :)

So I will start with this weekend. I ran my first competitive 5k on Saturday with a time of 29 min. and 38 sec. It was such a blast!! It was the Race for the Cure that Vegas does every May and I started training for it in March. It was a lot of fun and the time actually passed quickly. I don't know if I was just trying to keep up with everyone or what, but it was a lot of fun. I am actually doing another 5k on Memorial Day, so my goal is to try to beat my time!

I have really learned to like working out and running (thanks to Sparkpeople.com and a few friends... you know who you are). I started working out and eating better the 1st of January and so far have lost 26 pounds!! It feels GREAT to get back into shape again and have more energy. I freak out if I don't get my workout in every day, but I do take some down time as well. ;)

Okay... back to this weekend. After the race we drove up to Utah to Benj's sister's house. They had a baby last Nov., so we met our new nephew who is way super cute. We also got to see friends of ours that live there too and we were up visiting till 12:30 am! We came back last night and the kids were... antsy. But that's to be expected with 2 little kiddos! We made it home and it's great to be back!

6 comments:

AmyJ said...

Welcome to the dark side. You look so good!!!!! Great job on the race too!

Shannon said...

Of course you know how I feel about your race! You rocked it out! That is such a fast time for a first time 5K! And believe me, YOU will be leaving ME in the dust come May 26th! :)

Candace said...

Wow Mindy...congrats on everything!!! Blogging, running, losing weight...you are my idol. I did the spark people thing but had to do the babyfit because I had just had a baby and I'm breastfeeding. I haven't really been keeping up with it....but you sound like you are doing great! Love ya!

AmyJ said...

WHAT! A country song on your blog? I can't believe it!

Holly said...

Hey Mindy!

I can't believe you already have this up and running! You are fast! It was so great to see you guys the other night. Glad you made it home okay. I'm so impressed with your running, working out, etc. I'll need some pointers after this baby!! Your blog is great!! Take care!

Holly

Mama Wisch said...

Mindy, Congrats on the 5K! You look so great... I just told Ben I need to go the on Mindy Baumann Diet :) I'm glad we can be blogging buddies now... it's addictive!!