Monday, May 26, 2008

Runnin' for the House 5k





This weekend my best friend Shannon from high school came to Vegas (although her plane was delayed a day... grrrr!) and we ran a 5k together this morning. It was the Run for the House, Ronald McDonald House Charity. The weather was perfect for running, not too hot. Compared to my last 5k race, this one was HARD... it was just full of long stretches of road that seemed endless. But it was still a rush, especially at the end when I sprinted (or tried to) to the finish and I ended up beating my last time by about 2 mintues. So my time was 27 min. and 36 seconds. And it turns out that I placed 3rd in our age group and Shannon got 4th!! It feels great to accomplish something I have been working toward and know I've done my best. Thanks Shan for "making" me run this race with ya and for the support! We rock!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

You ROCK Mindy!!
You Beat your time. YEA!!!!!

Shannon said...

You rocked that race out! It was so fun to run it with you even though I saw your back the whole way! :) You did a GREAT job! Can't wait to run another with you! Maybe there will be one in Hamilton when we are home in July?!