Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!

Well today is the day of the year where we honor our moms. And I'd like to wish all of you wonderful mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day! Even though this is the toughest, most challenging job I have ever had, I still feel it is so worth all the stress, worry, and dirty work we endure. This morning my kids bombarded me with loves and kisses which is the BEST feeling in the world! Lexi made me a present at preschool, a framed picture of herself and one of those lists of questions that asks how old your mom is, etc. Yeah, Lex said I was 17! Love it. And Rooney also made a card with a picture of herself in nursery today. Benj was great getting the girls fed and dressed for church this morning. He even offered to do their hair, but I passed on that one. ;) And tonight they made my favorite meal for dinner, tacos. And I get to go shopping this week for some new clothes that actually fit me (smaller size!!).
And the day was even more special when I got to talk to my own mom. Although it was just a phone conversation, it was a blast just chatting with her. We are 14 hours apart, but she is the closest friend I have ever had. Thanks mom for the great example that you are to me and my girls! I love you and Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments: