Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I pretty much got to celebrate Mother's Day ALL weekend this year. Friday morning I dropped Ava off at Benj's office and went to Lexi's school for the Mother's Day Tea. It was sooooooo sweet.


First we were served scones, fruit, and juice. And we got to read the books our child put together about Mom & I. Lexi's was so great, she had hers illustrated so awesome! My favorite page was the very first page. It says: My Mom and I eat- and she had written "Piscete." And she drew a picture of her and I sharing a noodle!! How cute is that?! The kids sang some really great songs and of course I totally bawled. But I felt better after looking around because all the other moms were crying too. :) I have pics/video, but it's all on my phone and I need Benj's help transferring it (yep, not savvy enough to do it on my own).






I got some alone time yesterday at the house. I took a long bubble bath, finished a book, and played piano while Benj took the kids to the primary activity. Today my girls gave me royal treatment, showering me with pictures, cards, wrapped up toys (they wrapped up some DVD's/toys with Christmas paper, hehe), and even made me cupcakes. I love being Lexi and Ava's mom and I'm so grateful they are mine!


I talked to my mom today too and nope, I didn't forget about this picture!! LOL! Good times. You make me laugh mom and I'm so glad we are close, love you! Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

4 comments:

montana diana said...

Ok Mindy, you had me until the "gangsta" mama picture came up! OH MY GOODNESS! You are too funny. But I love you and am so blessed to have you as my daughter. I miss you! That Lexi Lou is one talented child1 Loved the picture and the spelling, its the best. Ha Glad you had such a fun Mother's Day, I know I did, hearing from you kids was the best! Love you!!!!!!

Shelly said...

So cute!! I love that Lexi and Ava wrapped up toys and DVDs. They really love their mommy!!! How fun!!!

Hilary said...

Hey, I am glad I found you! Super cute blog

grandmapuppy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.