Saturday, December 5, 2009

December, December

I cannot believe it's December. It seems like this year really flew by! Anyway, what have we been up to?






Our Thanksgiving was fun. My parents decided to come down and they drove through the night to get here @ 5am Turkey Day morning! My brothers and family came over and we had a great feast. My mom and I did the insane Black Friday shopping @ 4:30am, and we did good! I got a lot on my list and we took our time and went to breakfast too. :) And no visit to Vegas is complete when my parents are in town without hitting the Red Rock buffet... mmmmm. I'm hungry now. Thanks mom & dad for sacrificing sleep and joining us all down here for a great holiday visit!



I've been slowly getting the house ready for Christmas. I really wanted a real tree this year and my house to smell like a forest. But with how much Benj is working, it will never happen. Could you see me driving the Ford and hauling in a tree from the tree lot? That would be entertaining. So I did the next best thing and bought a new tree from Walmart and hauled it into the mini van. Well, the kindly Walmart employee did. But I hauled it into the house and put it together this afternoon. We got it decorated Sunday evening.



We had our ward Christmas party Fri. night. My primary kids sang a couple songs we've been working on and they did great! I don't think I can call them "my primary kids" much longer as I've got a new calling now (compassionate service leader) and will be released as chorister soon. As inadequate as I've felt in this calling the last year and a half, I will really miss the kids. I've been in primary since we moved into this house (3 yrs) and have enjoyed it incredibly! It will be different to go to RS again.



Tonight is Benj's company Christmas party... ugh. And since he's at a different hospital, I will know absolutely no one... ok, I guess I know his boss since it was his old boss from SH. Anyway, should be interesting. They rent a ballroom @ Red Rock and have a buffet dinner and dancing. The food should be good... Yeah, I'm looking forward to the food.



So I think Adam Lambert is a total freak (especially after his little performance on the AMA's), but this is my new favorite song. It's catchy and clean and good to run to. And how 'bout them Saints?!! 12-0 now, and that last game against the Redskins almost gave me a heart attack!!



Oh, and most of you already know this; but we are expecting a baby in late May. Yay! Ok, that's me trying to get excited... NO- I'm excited, it just hasn't hit me yet I guess (because my clothes still fit??). I'm a lucky girl because I don't get sick- at all... I know a lot of people who are sick like the whole 9 months. I was just really tired the first trimester, but that's it. The girls are excited. Lexi wants a brother and Ava wants a "baby stister named Lily." Benj is really excited. When we first found out, he couldn't stop grinning.






I hope to get Christmas cards out soon. Happy Holidays everybody!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the new baby!! I thought you looked pregnant when I last saw you, but of course I didn't want to ask. ;) That's awesome!!

AmyJ said...

I was wondering when you were going to announce that.So you must not be showing very much yet! When do you get to find out what it is?

Destiny Rayburn said...

Lovin ya and missin ya

Angela said...

Wow! That is such great news. Good for you guys. I'll be excited to hear what it is.

The Whites said...

We need to get together, maybe after the crazyness of the hoidays is over. :)

Kara said...

Congrats! I'm glad the news is out and I'm way excited for you to have a cute Lily or a crazy boy named whatever =). I'll pray you have another girl though since boys are psycho and I'm not sure I ever want another one j/k. It's all what the Lord sends you right? And thankfully He knows best. Thanks for an update...it reminds me that I need to stop slacking on mine.

Candace said...

So you and Amy are due around the same time!!! Congrats! I miss you!

Jaclyn said...

congrats on the new baby!!!