Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Vacation

This summer we took a family vacation to Yellowstone National Park and Jackson Hole, WY. It was a lot of fun! On our way to Yellowstone, we went through the ghost town of Virginia City, MT. It's an old mining town that is all set up for tourists, it's pretty cool. We visited the giant candy store and got stocked up on sweets, and the ice cream parlor as well. But the biggest highlight (especially for me cuz I've been wanting to do it for a LONG time), was riding horses!












Lexi and I got to go horseback riding on trails through the forest. I rode Tiny and Lexi got to ride Irish. It was so fun, I totally want my own horse now. :)





























We stayed in Big Sky, MT (an awesome ski resort town... I could totally vacation there every season ;) the first night and on our way up, we saw a bear. Really, there is a bear in this picture.






Yellowstone




We saw elk and buffalo in the park.

































Old Faithful









































Jackson Hole



The beautiful Teton mountains.










We rented a canoe and headed to the lake for the day. This is it on our van... the girls named it the Silver Bullet.














Reese lasted about 20 min. on the canoe. Benj had to dock and her and I hiked back to the picnic area. Lexi and Ava got about 2 more hours on the boat. They had a blast.


























We spent that evening in Jackson. Dinner and more ice cream and running in the park. It was great just being outdoors where it wasn't 100* plus and the nights were cooler! We had such a good time as a family and made lots of memories. :)












































4 comments:

montana diana said...

Awesome pictures! Every single one. What a great vacation. You all look like you are having so much fun. Love it!

Angie Larkin said...

Holy horn arch! LOL!
I remember going to Yellowstone when I was a kid. It was so fun! Great memories. Way to get out there even with little ones in tow!!

Apryl said...

I love these! They make me miss you more which I thought impossible.

PS You look sexay on that horse :)

kafa said...

i like it