Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Christmas 2008 was a blast! My parents came down for the whole week and we all had so much fun. My mom and I spent the few days before making lists, shopping, and baking in preparation for our Christmas Eve snack fest (we just make a ton of fun snack foods/sweets to eat on Christmas Eve) and Christmas day dinner.
On Christmas Eve we just hung out and ate, watched movies, and ate some more. There were also Wii tournaments, ha! The girls get to open one present... pajamas! And this year my mom got them all matching ones, even cousin Abigail. They looked so cute in them, but Ava did not want to pose... it was bedtime! We always read the book I Believe in Santa Claus and the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible.

Christmas morning the girls let us sleep in till about 8 o'clock. :) We opened gifts and had a lazy morning. We had a fantastic prime rib dinner with lots of yummy side dishes and of course, dessert.
Ava asked Santa for a Barbie and she got a big one!
Lexi had asked Santa for a guitar... daddy has been helping her learn to play.
Can you see Romeo in the mess? He kind of got buried, but was quite content chewing on his new bone. :)
Ava got a Sleeping Beauty dress... she hated to take it off!
Ava combing her mermaid Barbie's hair.

Yep, Santa ate most of his cookies, fudge, and milk!!

After dinner, the nerf wars began! My dad had gotten all the boys (and himself) nerf guns to have a big brawl. It was like they were kids again and Bret, Chad, Benj, my dad, and Lexi- who had teamed up with Natalia started shooting at each other. My mom and I were sitting on the couch and had to hold up the nearest packages in front of our faces... bullets were flying everywhere!








I was on my way to the bathroom when I got taken hostage by Bret!
RUDE! I was just an innocent bystander, lol!

Poor Romeo... he didn't like those reindeer antlers on, but he looked so cute! :)


The day after Christmas me, my mom, and Natalia got to go shopping- with no kids! Then we met the guys/kids for real Chinese food in Chinatown. It was super crazy down there because there was some merchandise show going on. But once we got in to eat, it was delicious!
Thanks mom and dad for a great week!! We had so much fun and we miss you already. I'm so grateful for our family/friends and the chance to celebrate our Savior's birth.

1 comment:

montana diana said...

We miss you guys already too. But what fun we had. The pictures made me laugh all over again! We had a super good time and love you all!