Thursday, March 26, 2009

Year Round School??

On Monday, Lexi brought home a note from school that said their school was going from a 9 month schedule to a year round one, starting this fall. The kids will all be put in groups (tracks) and rotated so that one group is always on vacation. There's a part of me that really hates this idea, but a part of me that thinks, ok, we'll deal with it. But I would want to be on a good track! There are a lot of schools in the Valley that are year round, but I was so happy that we were zoned for a 9 month school.

The teachers are not happy with the idea and yesterday when I walked Lexi to class, the PTA was out with the petitions. So I signed it and plan on calling to complain. The school is not over crowded, so it's not necessary RIGHT NOW to go year round. I guess they tried to do this a couple years ago too, and they got so many complaints from parents/teachers that it didn't go through. So maybe that will happen this time? Time will tell.

1 comment:

montana diana said...

I'm with you, not liking the year round school idea. Hope they get enough complaints!!! Wish I could call and complain too.