Thursday, April 2, 2009

Locked Out!

I'm an idiot... this morning I locked my keys in the car... along with everything else like my phone, water, Ava's snacks. Ava and I were at the park (of course not the one closest to our house). When my friend Shelly got there, she let me use her phone to call Benj. I told him we were at the park on Town Center. And he was like, "What? Why are you clear over there?" I was just thinking, ok obviously he hasn't been to this park for a while because it's really not that far. I told him to jump on the freeway and just come cuz I had to pick up Lexi for school soon. And since he rides his bike to work, he had to ride it home to get his truck and them come to the park...
So we're waiting and waiting. Ava is playing and wanting her snack (thank you Shelly and kids for sharing with her!!). And Benj still hasn't come. So Shelly checks her phone and there's a voicemail from Benj. I call him and he tells me he's there at the park. I said, no you're not. He goes, "Yes, I'm at Town Square." Ok, Town Square is the outdoor mall and yep, there's a park there. But we were at Town Center!! No wonder he was acting like it was way out of the way... it kind of is. So... he had to turnaround, back on the freeway to Town Center. LOL!! So sorry honey! But I have to mention... I have bailed you out before. Remember locking your keys in your truck and me driving in rush hour traffic clear to UNLV to resuce you? ;)
Thanks babe, for all the running around you did this morning. Brownies are in the oven!!

2 comments:

montana diana said...

Oh my, that is too funny. Glad it all worked out. Did Ava wonder if you were picking me up from the airport? Ha! Love you all.

Destiny Rayburn said...

HAHA that blows.